Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On to Louisville, KY

After Lexington and Petersburg we drove on to Louisville. We didn't have a place to camp so we stayed at a hotel. We had time to look things over and plan our next day. Beth is really good at this. I planned my next morning months in advance. This was the highlight for me. I have been wanting to visit the Louisville extreme skatepark ever since it was built back in 2005. I took Michael with me and he seemed to have a good time. I felt bad that he had to get up early but I knew he wouldn't be disappointed. We arrived at the park before the heat and the crowd. I had so much fun. There was so much to skate and the lines were incredible. I could easily drop in to any areas to skate. If I would have had more time or a second day, I am sure I would have learned a few new things. I met quite a few new people and they showed me a thing or two.


After we returned to the hotel it was off to downtown Louisville, where we toured some museums. The best one was the armory museum. There were weapons from the pioneering days to the civil war. Then there were weapons from the early days of England. Live demonstrations showing weaponry and wonderful, full dress, story telling. It took half the day just to walk through but when we were finished we still had time to visit the Louisville slugger museum, where I got the chance to hold various baseball bats that were mad for the great players back in the day, Babe Ruth, Joe Dimagio and Micky Mantle to name a few. While I was visiting that museum with Michael, Beth and Julia were visiting the glass museum. It was another great day.