Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Funny Family :o)

This saying has been with our family since the kids were very young, and it has helped keep me focused in the toughest of times. ( I haven't quite finished editing these but I am constantly working on it.)

What these words mean to me.

"Happy"
Strive for a joy filled household. I have witnessed people enjoying life even during the toughest of times. It didn't seem to matter what they were going through, they enjoyed and shared the good that God gave them. To me and to my family, that is the definition of true happiness. Psalm 146: 5, James 1:2, Philippians 2:17-18, Joshua 24:15

"Funny"

To laugh at ourselves and at life is to accept that we are human. We are not perfect we are just striving for perfection and in the process, sometimes we look, act and say things that are rather ridiculous. To laugh at ourselves is to humble ourselves. A sense of humor and laughter is great for the soul. Proverbs 17:22

"Family"
Guard and love your family well because it is the bonding part of faith. The family is the biblical example of how our lives are structured. It is a visual example of our faith to others. Even those without an earthly family, have the Church family, a group of believers in Christ. 1 Timothy 5:16, Philippians 2:1-5