Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kenya, Africa Mission Trip


Through the years, our church has sponsored short term missions to Kenya, Africa. A few of our church members and other volunteers go to Kenya to build churches and much needed school classrooms. Even though I would admire and support their acts of faith and service, it never crossed my mind that I might go. As usual God works in mysterious ways, and Michael, my 14 yr old son, was touched by the church’s efforts. He asked Beth and I if he could go on the next trip in 2008. Amazed by his conviction and unable to deny his calling, we cautiously agreed to let him go if he and I could raise support and go together.

This photo is of myself, Stu Ross,our mission team leader, and my son Michael. We will meet Stu in Kenya at the Nairobi airport .